Hi,

P.V.Anthony wrote:
Hi,

Currently have the following setting in main.cf but I do not know how to create an exception. Because there are some authenticated users that should not be rejected by reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch.
I'm a noobie to postfix myself but I'll have an educated guess and say 'reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch' will REJECT if sender does not match the sasl_username without any exception. If you want to allow an sasl_username to send messages for an non matching sender, then I'm pretty sure you will have to remove it from the smtpd_sender_restrictions. If you only want to grant certain users permission to do this, you could write a script and run it as an external policy in place of that restriction. Postfix will pass the sasl_username and sender details over to your script, which could then veto each request based on the sasl_username. Do you know how to do this? If you don't, I could post a simple PERL example tomorrow.

Mick.