Wietse,

thanks, but let me make it more clear - I'm not trying to limit the number of emails towards the destination domains (like yahoo.com), but from the domains the server is sending from (sender domains).

The idea behind this is not a "polite delivery policy" towards the other servers, but to prevent spam/bulk/etc mailing from the sender domains that I'm hosting

On 2015-07-23 12:55, wie...@porcupine.org wrote:
Istvan Prosinger:
Hi everyone,

Can anyone pinpoint me to a simple way to limit the outgoing number of
emails in a time frame per domain, without involving policyd and mysql,
or any other 3rd party script?

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#transport_destination_rate_delay
http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
    one_per_minute_destination_rate_delay = 60

/etc/postfix/transport
    yahoo.com   one_per_minute:

/etc/postfix/master.cf:
one_per_minute unix - - n - - smtp

IMPORTANT NOTE: do not set the per-destination recipient limit to 1.
That would rate-limit deliveries by EMAIL ADDRESS instead of DOMAIN.
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#transport_destination_recipient_limit