Rob Sterenborg (Lists):
> On 10/07/2015 05:35 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> > If your smtpd is not chrooted, you might have better luck with CDB,
> > than Berkeley DB, though I am not sure whether tinycdb (like DJB's
> > original implementation) detects table file changes and automatically
> > reopens the table on the fly.
>
> It seems it does:
>
> postfix/smtpd[20438]: table cdb:/path/to/recipients(0,lock|fold_fix|
> utf8_request) has changed -- restarting

Yes, but the check happens at the beginning of an SMTP session, not
in the middle. A Postfix process does not reopen files mid-flight
because it may not have sufficient privileges to do so (iin addition,
cdb files are renamed, not overwritten, so the lookup result does
not change during the lifetime of the SMTP daemon process; if you
need instant visibility, use LMDB, LDAP or *SQL).