On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 04:54:08PM +0200, Rob Sterenborg (Lists) wrote:

> On 10/07/2015 05:35 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> >If your smtpd is not chrooted, you might have better luck with CDB,
> >than Berkeley DB, though I am not sure whether tinycdb (like DJB's
> >original implementation) detects table file changes and automatically
> >reopens the table on the fly.
>
> It seems it does:
>
> postfix/smtpd[20438]: table cdb:/path/to/recipients(0,lock|fold_fix|
> utf8_request) has changed -- restarting

That's not sufficient.  It would have to see the new data without
restarting.  With DJB's CDB, I think the underlying mmaped file is
reopened transparently if it changes.  With tinycdb, it might not
be.  At the very least, that can't happen if Postfix is chrooted,
or the table can only be opened by root.

--
 Rob