--On Thursday, December 10, 2015 2:45 PM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount <qua...@zimbra.com> wrote:

--On Thursday, December 10, 2015 4:35 PM -0500 Wietse Venema
<wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

If some breakage is specific to one software distribution, then I
would investigate the distribution, instead of blaming the messenger.

You could investigate whether AppArmor has a problem with set-gid
write permissions.

Thanks.  Was more just trying to understand the cause than blaming the
messenger. ;)  Now I have a good avenue to pursue.

After a bit of work, I tracked this down to the way in which Zimbra installed packages. There was a few minutes in which postqueue/postdrop had the wrong permissions, and could get triggered via sendmail for system mail. Since we're completely reworking how we do packaging, this is now fixed going forward for Zimbra.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect