On Fri, 11 Dec 2015, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

Over the years there have from time to time been requests for
server-side SNI support in Postfix, but most users have found
workable alternatives, such as above.

A key reason that SNI support is not there yet, is that we like to
do things right(TM) in Postfix or not at all, and it is not entirely
clear what the "right" configuration interface for server-side SNI
might me (we can ignore implementation difficulties for now).

I hope that SNI is dying long term. E.g. for IPv6 I again use the one IP for one service so SNI is not needed anymore. This has a lot of benefits, but sadly you need to still have the all-in-one approach for the parallel IPv4 (my reason why I hope IPv4 is also dying soon, probably unrealistic, I know).

And SMTP has the big advantage, that you can define the name of the host in MX, so the name of the mail server can be independent from the domain of the email address.

Simply wait a bit longer and maybe that issue solves itself :-)

Ciao