Hi,

>>> perhaps more what you want
>>>
>>> https://www.void.gr/kargig/blog/2013/11/24/anonymize-headers-in-postfix/
>>
>> That's pretty much exactly the steps I followed, and I believe I even
>> used that page as a reference.
>>
>> I was hoping someone could spot my errors.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>>

> Your expression looks OK.  You can test it with
> postmap -hq - pcre:auth_header_checks.pcre  < testfile
>
> where testfile is a saved message including the headers you want to
> replace.

Is it possible that it only replaces the first pattern that matches
and not throughout the whole file?

Playing around a bit more, it appears it matches each pattern in the
auth_header_checks.pcre file just once.

There was one point where I just created a "^Received: .*/ REPLACE
what else could be wrong, but it apparently matched an earlier header
and not the one I wanted to actually replace.

> Are you seeing log entries with "auth-cleanup" to verify your
> cleanup_service_name override is working as expected?  Any warnings
> in the log?

Yes:

Dec 21 09:05:36 orion postfix/auth-cleanup/cleanup[11134]:
A6E09A6018D: message-id=<56780730.8040...@example.com>

Thanks,
Alex