On 12/30/2015 11:22 AM, Gomes, Rich wrote:
> I have a couple of question about LDAP verification.
>
> I followed this guide as I am using AD as LDAP source:
>
> http://blog.yenlo.com/nl/using-postfix-ldap-search-against-active-directory
>

> This works perfectly until I am sending mail to the postfix server, then it
> accepts the mail and passes with no verification.
> To clarify, this is the step that works perfectly:
>
> postmap -vq johnpaulvanhelvo...@domain.nl ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-aliases.cf
>
> But not when I am sending to postfix (appserver > postfixrelay > nextsmtphop)
>
> What needs to be done to validate them during the SMTP transaction?

Make sure your query returns nothing with a non-existent address.

The correct settings for address validation depend on the address
class of the recipient domain.

users in local domains defined in $mydestination are listed in
local_recipient_maps
users in domains defined in $relay_domains are listed in
relay_recipient_maps
users in domains defined in $virtual_alias_domains are listed in
$virtual_alias_maps
users in domains defined in $virtual_mailbox_domains are listed in
$virtual_mailbox_maps

Additionally, wildcard rewrites in virtual_alias_maps or
*canonical_maps will disable address validation.  Don't use wildcard
rewrites.

  -- Noel Jones