On 12/30/2015 7:45 PM, Alex wrote:

> The docs say reject_unlisted_recipient rejects mail when the recipient
> is not listed in the list of valid recipients for its domain class. I
> assume this means an IP listed in mynetworks or an entry from the
> check_recipient_access list?
>
> The part I don't understand is, the reject_unlisted_recipient is
> before the users/IPs are listed. How does it know which users/IPs are
> permissible when it comes so far up in the processing list?

reject_unlisted_recipient is not related to the sender or client IP.

When you specify reject_unlisted_recipient, postfix checks to see if
postfix controls that domain, and if it does, if the recipient
address exists. Nonexistent recipients are rejected. More details in

Other restrictions control what senders or client IPs are acceptable.

  -- Noel Jones