In message <16f8c2b2-59cd-41b2-a452-5ec4b4442...@dukhovni.org>
Viktor Dukhovni writes:

> > On Jan 30, 2016, at 10:27 PM, Curtis Villamizar <cur...@orleans.occnc.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > This is more of an annoyance than a serious bug since there is a
> > simple workaround.  But it seems to me that it is a bug.
> >
> > Though postfix is compiled with /usr/local prefix (and I prefer the
> > executables in /usr/local) I have configs in /etc/postfix so I start
> > postfix with "-c /etc/postfix".  I get:
> >
> >  /usr/local/sbin/postconf: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv4
> >  name/address support: Protocol not supported
> >
> > even though /etc/postfix/main.cf has inet_protocols = ipv6
>
> What happens when you run:
>
>       # postconf -dh config_directory
>
> Does it report those warnings?  Does the outcome depend on the setting
> of inet_protocols in the default configuration file?
>

> --
>       Viktor.

No complaints for postconf.  I don't think postconf will try to open
sockets and realize that there is no ipv4 address.

  # postconf -dh config_directory
  /usr/local/etc/postfix
  # postconf -c /etc/postfix -h config_directory
  /etc/postfix

However if I comment out the workaround almost any other command gives
me complaints: postfix, postmap, postqueue, etc.

  # postmap hash:my-domains
  postmap: warning: smtputf8_enable is true,
           but EAI support is not compiled in
  postmap: warning: inet_protocols:
           disabling IPv4 name/address support: Protocol not supported

If I put back the workaround, then postmap is silent.

Curtis