On 8 Feb 2016, at 17:25, @lbutlr wrote:

On Feb 8, 2016, at 8:26 AM, Bill Cole <postfixlists-070...@billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
However, there's still something missing in what you've provided: "postconf -n" output. All of it. Preferably unmunged, but if you absolutely must obfuscate details, do so programmatically and carefully. Also, if you use ANY transport maps, include those.

$ postconf -n

Thank you. I'll pare down to what seems interesting to me. I'm still a bit confused about what you're trying to achieve and how it relates to everything you've provided, but there are things that seem particularly odd...

[...]
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain, localhost, ns1.$mydomain, ns2.$mydomain, mail.$mydomain, www.$mydomain, webmail.$mydomain
mydomain = covisp.net
myhostname = mail.covisp.net

OK, so the two domains of actual interest (xanmax.com & kreme.com) are not local domains so must be either virtual alias domains, virtual mailbox domains, relay domains, or domains you don't do delivery for (see ADDRESS_CLASS_README.) MX records say they are both your responsibility, so you should have some delivery/transport mapping for them both.

Okay...

[...]
virtual_alias_domains = kreme.com

There's one...

virtual_alias_maps = hash:$config_directory/virtual proxy:mysql:$config_directory/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
virtual_gid_maps = static:89
virtual_mailbox_base = /usr/local/virtual
virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:$config_directory/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf

And maybe there's the other. Dunno. You decline to tell us :)

$ more header_checks.pcre
/^X-Clacks-Overhead:/ IGNORE
/^Content-Transfer-Encoding:/i PREPEND X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
##/^Subject:/        WARN
/^From:.*ja...@kreme.com/ REDIRECT ja...@xanmax.com

So that handles redirection based on the From header, which is quirky and imperfect (less charitably: probably wrong) but maybe you really need that.

$ cat sender_bcc.pcre
##/^From:.*ja...@kreme.com/ REDIRECT ja...@xanmax.com

Commented. Does absolutely nothing. Also: I don't THINK you can do a REDIRECT in there, but only map to additional recipients, so that might not do what you want if you uncommented it.

$ grep japan /usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual
ja...@xanmax.com xander+ja...@xanmax.com,kris+ja...@kreme.com,lb+ja...@kreme.com

Never gets used, because that file is for mapping addresses in virtual alias domains, of which xanmax.com is not one.

$ postmap -q ja...@xanmax.com hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual
xander+ja...@xanmax.com,kris+ja...@kreme.com,lb+ja...@kreme.com

Which would be great, if Postfix knew that it should map xanmax.com addresses as virtual aliases, however it knows this not.

Feb 8 15:24:31 mail postfix/pipe[63027]: 3pzhjW3HX6zJMjC: to=<ja...@xanmax.com>, orig_to=<l...@kreme.com>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.12, delays=0.09/0.01/0/0.02, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (user unknown)

I confess to some confusion as to how THIS happened, since you didn't include any other of the log lines involving the queue item 3pzhjW3HX6zJMjC but I guess it could be a header_checks redirect. It seems clear that Dovecot doesn't know how to deliver mail to ja...@xanmax.com but is trying to do so for some reason, after the

And of course there's the black box:

The mysql maps aren’t useful and there is far too much personal-isa information in virtual to include it all.

I'll take your word for that.

The reason that's needed (at least for me...) is that you have shown mail being delivered via 'pipe' rather than 'local' or 'virtual' and that says for sure that you have a non-default delivery rig. Since your problem is in delivery, you must show how your delivery is rigged.

That’s some progress at least. Hopefully there’s something obvious in the postconf output.

Not 100% obvious or certain, as I thought you were only trying to redirect based on sender, not re-invent mailing list management, but you may want to add xanmax.com to your virtual_alias_domains since you have other config which does nothing without that.

If that doesn't get you what you're looking for, post *all* of the log lines related to a delivery that didn't do what you wanted and the headers of that message, since you're doing header-based mail routing <shudder>