> On Feb 9, 2016, at 11:56 AM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <qua...@zimbra.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks.  In going over the old 2.x system, inet_protocols wasn't explicitly
> set in main.cf, so it defaulted to "all".  Now I have it explicitly set to
> what postfix ships with, which is "ipv4" as the default.

Actually, "ipv4" is not "the default".  The default is "all" in builds that
support
IPv6 and don't override DEF_INET_PROTOCOLS via CCARGS:

src/util/sys_defs.h:
 /*
  * The Postfix 2.9 post-install workaround assumes that the inet_protocols
  * default value is "ipv4" when Postfix is compiled without IPv6 support.
  */
#ifndef DEF_INET_PROTOCOLS
#ifdef HAS_IPV6
#define DEF_INET_PROTOCOLS      INET_PROTO_NAME_ALL
#else
#define DEF_INET_PROTOCOLS      INET_PROTO_NAME_IPV4
#endif
#endif

IIRC, the only thing that changed in 3.x is the default value of
mynetworks_style,
when the compatibility level is set high enough. This has no effect on the
available
protocols.

Whatever pain you're experiencing looks rather self-inflicted.

--
        Viktor.