> > Is there any way to instruct smtpd to close session after 3 unsuccesful
> > attempts as is written in RFC 4954? I found no appropriate config parameter.
>
> Either use postfwd2 or write your own policy server. For permanent blocks use
> check_sasl_access (newer Postfix only) and let it read a list of blocked
> logins.

Dear Patrick,

Thanks for your reply.

FYI: I already put a permanent DROP statement into to firewall config
that blocks any connections from this specific address.

Essence of my question was not "how to block manually an already
known malicious client?" but "how to apply some restrictions
automatically on any suspicious clients?"

Having a look on postfwd2 I found that it not cares with authentication.
So it is an interesting utility but I'm afraid does not solve my problem.

Regards

Gabor