On 2016-02-20 Sebastian Nielsen wrote:
> 1: REJECT tells the spammer "Hey, your spam got stuck in the spam
> filter. Wanna try again?". Better to DISCARD it so the spammer think
> they got the spam through, then they won't switch to a new domain.
>
> I don't think anyone ever will receive legitimate mail from any of
> those spammy TLDs listed in the rules file I gave.

You're sorely mistaken about this.

a) Spammers don't care if their crap gets rejected. At all. They will
   fire at anything that looks even remotely like an e-mail address.
   Every day I see multiple delivery attempts to mail addresses that
   have been disabled for years, to addresses with truncated localparts
   that have never worked in the first place, and even to message IDs.
   Message IDs!

b) Just because spammers are early adopters (not only when it comes to
   new domains) doesn't mean nobody will ever use those domains for
   legitimate purposes. For instance, Google's new holding Alfabet uses
   the domain abc.xyz. Blocking entire TLDs is throwing the baby out
   with the bath water.

c) Discarding mail may subject you to legal repercussions, depending on
   where you're located and whose mail you're handling.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--Joel Spolsky