On 4 Mar 2016, at 9:47, Robert Chalmers wrote:

thanks, that seems to work - how to make it permanent next …

but, it should be working in postfix in any case shouldn’t it?

Wep, weekend coming up.
Robert

On 4 Mar 2016, at 13:48, L.P.H. van Belle <be...@bazuin.nl> wrote:

Very simple, route it to localhost.

Like :
route add -host 174.46.142.137 127.0.0.1

That's really a sloppy fix. It works (until your next reboot) but routing packets to the loopback interface isn't scalable and ignores other problems that you clearly have:

1. You have a lot of postscreen settings but don't seem to actually have postscreen enabled, although it may be that you just didn't show the postscreen log lines. If you do have postscreen actually working, you can use the postscreen_access_list setting that you already have to blacklist that IP in the cidr map you seem to intend to be using.

2. In reference to this:
Mac. OSX 10.11
Postfix.

I’ve even tried setting it in the firewall - but I’m missing something, because there it
is again...

I have the domain IP in a blacklist on both the pf.conf firewall

I offer my condolences. Part of why I still run some things (including my personal Postfix instance) on older MacOS is that the newer and objectively better pf firewall has persistently confused me and I have all these little tools for ipfw that work around even the Apple-custom breakages in it. However, I do have *some* familiarity with pf so I can try to help.

If you THINK you have the IP blocked by a rule in pf.conf yet clearly do not, that's a serious problem. Either pf is turned off or there's a rule ordering problem or something more arcane, but in any case pf isn't doing what you think it should be doing, and that's never a good thing in a firewall. The first thing to check is whether you actually have an active pf rule or rules related to that IP, which you might not. Easy enough to check with the command:

        pfctl -v -s rules

That will list your rules with some stats, and near the end of the list should be something like these:

block return in log quick inet proto tcp from 174.46.142.137 to any port = 25
         [ Evaluations: 15858 Packets: 0 Bytes: 0 States: 0 ]
         [ Inserted: uid 0 pid 77467 ]
block return in log quick inet proto tcp from 174.46.142.137 to any port = 465
         [ Evaluations: 0 Packets: 0 Bytes: 0 States: 0 ]
         [ Inserted: uid 0 pid 77467 ]
block return in log quick inet proto tcp from 174.46.142.137 to any port = 587
         [ Evaluations: 0 Packets: 0 Bytes: 0 States: 0 ]
         [ Inserted: uid 0 pid 77467 ]

Which is the three active rules that would be generated by having this at the end of /etc/pf.conf when it was last reloaded:

block return in log quick proto tcp from 174.46.142.137 to any port {25,465,587}

Your rule may differ in small ways, yet be entirely reasonable. If you have a rule in pf.conf that doesn't seem to have resulted in one or more in the active listing, maybe you just forgot to reload:

        pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf

Or if the rule shows in the active list but isn't working, maybe this will help:

        pfctl -e