On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 8:22 PM, Viktor Dukhovni
<postfix-us...@dukhovni.org> wrote:

> Any change in your configuration is not the result of upstream
> changes in Postfix.  The "relay_domains" element is still there
> even in 3.2 snapshots.

OK, let's assume that the change was caused by a vendor patch to 2.9
that they undid with 2.10.

What, then, should the expected behavior be with respect to how
Postfix matches dot-prefixed subdomains for the purpose of matching?

According to my reading of the documentation, if $relay_domains
includes ".example.com", it should relay mail for "sub.example.com",
regardless of whether or not "relay_domains" is included in
$parent_domain_matches_subdomains.

My understanding is that inclusion of (for example) "relay_domains" in
$parent_domain_matches_subdomains would treat "example.com" as
".example.com" for matching purposes, but would otherwise be a no-op
if the subdomain is already dot-prefixed.

Best regards,

--Michael