<

<http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/doc8.12/cf/m4/anti_spam.html#access_db>

>> you can use the sendmail "access" file to explicitly reject (or
>> explicitly accept, in the case that other rules would reject) a
>> message - based on various address parameters. But anything *not
>> included in that file is accepted by default*. You can have other
>> rules, likely including rules in the access file, that reject by
>> default, but the standard usage of the access file is explicit
>> reject, not explicit accept.
>>

> True, but I have always set up Sendmail that way, using the access
> file like an allow list.
>

> I would like postfix to be setup in a similar fashion

You can make it so that the sendmail rejects by default, but simply
putting (only) entries like:

   nn.nn.nn.nn OK

into the sendmail access file will *not* cause everything else to be
rejected. As Wietse indicated in his earlier message, that's also how
postfix works.

  > As documented since december 1998, if there is no match, then
  > no decision is made.

You'll need to figure out what you did to make sendmail reject
connections by default and map that into the appropriate postfix
configuration.

[please do not top-post or include me in your replies - i'm on the
list.]