True, but I have always set up Sendmail that way, using the access file like an
allow list.

I would like postfix to be setup in a similar fashion

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org [mailto:owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org]
On Behalf Of Richard
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2016 5:40 PM
To: postfix-users@postfix.org
Subject: RE: postfix ignoring access file?

> Date: Monday, May 16, 2016 19:38:56 +0000
> From: "Gomes, Rich" <gomes-r...@aramark.com>
>
> Thank you.
>
> My goal is for any IPs in the access file to be allowed and any not
> listed in access to be rejected with Relay Denied Just like using the
> access file in Sendmail...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

I don't believe that that is how the sendmail "access"
(/etc/mail/access) file/db works.

In my experience, and double checking the documentation:

<http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/doc8.12/cf/m4/anti_spam.html#access_db>

you can use the sendmail "access" file to explicitly reject (or explicitly
accept, in the case that other rules would reject) a message - based on various
address parameters. But anything *not included in that file is accepted by
default*. You can have other rules, likely including rules in the access file,
that reject by default, but the standard usage of the access file is explicit
reject, not explicit accept.