Hi.

> What is the nature of the client? If it is an MTA, then it must
> return a message to sender; if it is an MUA, then don't count on
> such clients to put a non-delivery notice in the sender's inbox.

Yes, it is a MUA. Several MUAs actually: a Rainloop webmail client, a
CLAWS mail client etc. All report that they failed to queue the message,
which is exactly what I wanted to happen. Is there a trigger for postfix
to send a custom failure notice email to the sender when this happens?
Alternatively, I could do it myself from the milter's code i.e. call the
sendmail program to do the job. Actually, this can make things as
flexible as needed.

Thank you,

Stavros