On Tue, 21 Mar 2017, Mike Guelfi wrote:

If people want to use a non RFC compliant verification system, then they're going to have problems with false positives on their spam filter.

The operative word being: they.

Your customer needs to get their email vendor to whitelist your trac instance. You don't need to do anything....

In real world that does not work. In the last time I looked deeper into DMARC and sent some failure descriptions about bad DMARC setups. My success rate ATM is 1:10 - means one postmaster answered and fixed his setup afterwards. If I had sent 50 mails I assume my success rate would be 1:50.

But if you are willing to volunteer - you can start with AT&T or Microsoft. They have blocking on large network segments and each mailserver needs to individually register with them to send mail. Please convince them to use proper systems instead.

Ciao