My boss wants me to write a plugin that will capture the send results from
the remote server when email is delivered or instantly bounced.

Messages like:

550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please
try\n550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos
or\n550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at\n550 5.1.1
https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser c5si1104380pfh.293 - gsmtp

I need to capture them along with the message ID and put them in a mysql
database.

I've looked around, but don't see a "how to write a postfix plugin"

Thanks!