On 5/9/2017 9:15 PM, Richard Pickett wrote:
> My boss wants me to write a plugin that will capture the send
> results from the remote server when email is delivered or instantly
> bounced.
>
> Messages like:
>
>     550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not
>     exist. Please try\n550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's
>     email address for typos or\n550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn
>     more at\n550 5.1.1
>      https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser
>     c5si1104380pfh.293 - gsmtp
>

> I need to capture them along with the message ID and put them in a
> mysql database.
>
> I've looked around, but don't see a "how to write a postfix plugin"

> Thanks!

Postfix doesn't have a plugin framework for capturing delivery status.

Use a log scraper instead of trying to write something into postfix.
 Even better, syslog can pipe output directly to a program that can
capture the interesting bits.  This will take you 1/10 the
development time, and won't break every time postfix is updated.

  -- Noel Jones