I have Postfix currently running as an outbound relay for a  Microsoft
Exchange system.  It's working beautifully, but we are having issues
with bounce messages:

It appears bounce messages are trucated to <80 chars (more like 75
according to the tcpdump).

This means the error code and message are not handled correctly by
Exchange.  See below screenshot:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBuyDLkXkAEWZ9d.jpg:large

I found a reference a possible cause for this in this thread:
http://marc.info/?l=postfix-users&m=125273313101833&w=2

This lead me to the source code (and I will stress, I am an admin and
not a dev, but I'll have a go)

from: /bounce/bounce_notify_util.c

/* bounce_print_wrap - print and wrap a line */

static void bounce_print_wrap(VSTREAM *bounce, BOUNCE_INFO *bounce_info,
             const char *format,...)
{
    va_list ap;

#define LENGTH 79
#define INDENT 4

    va_start(ap, format);
    vstring_vsprintf(bounce_info->buf, format, ap);
    va_end(ap);
    line_wrap(STR(bounce_info->buf), LENGTH, INDENT,
     bounce_print, (void *) bounce);
}

/* bounce_recipient_log - send one bounce log report entry */

Are LENGTH and INDENT variables which can be defined in config?  And
if not, as I suspect,  can I make a feature request that these can be
changed with postconf or in a .cf file?

Many thanks.