Griff:
> I have Postfix currently running as an outbound relay for a  Microsoft
> Exchange system.  It's working beautifully, but we are having issues
> with bounce messages:
>
> It appears bounce messages are trucated to <80 chars (more like 75
> according to the tcpdump).

Postfix produces the following form:

Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Host or domain name not found, Name service error
    for name=fakemadeupdomain.com type=AAAA: host not found

Your example shows a line break in the middle of 'error', and other
text that is converted into quoted-printable.

Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Host or domain name not found, Name service e=
rror
    for name=3Dfakemadeupdomain.com type=3DAAAA: host not found

POSTFIX DID NOT CONVERT THIS TEXT TO QUOTED-PRINTABLE
POSTFIX DID NOT BREAK "error" INTO "e=" and "rror",
POSTFIX DID NOT CONVERT "=" INTO "=3D".