On 4 Jan 2018, at 14:40, Phil Stracchino ph...@caerllewys.net> wrote:
> The principal shortcoming of mysqldump is that it is a benightedly stupid
> tool that cannot walk and chew gum at the same time, or *correctly* dump both
> MyISAM and InnoDB tables in the same operation.

OK, I'll bite. I've been using mysql dump to backup my databases for at least
decade (via a cron job), and in that time have often used it to also restore
databases. So far, I'm never had an issue, but then again, I don't want to have
an issue in the future either.

Is this the general consensus? Should I bee looking at another tool (MariaDB
10.0.33)?

--
My little brother got his arm stuck in the microwave. So my mom had to
take him to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she