On 2018-01-28 9:25, CP wrote:
> on 01/27/2018 09:30 PM, Karol Augustin wrote:

> With Message-ID header and dovecot lmtp (I think lda works also) you
> eliminate  (a lot!!) of these duplicates so try it if you have the same
> problem.
> In my case I have a robot account which sends (from LAN)  emails and reports
>  in two groups many times a day .  These don't get a Message-ID header
> so all
> users who are in both  groups get all these messages times two  a day.
>

> George

I have just configured it and it's working great.
if allof (not exists "list-id", duplicate :seconds 7200 )
{
  discard;
  stop;
}

So in your case you might configure rule that if sender is robot use
Date: or Subject: or other header instead of Message-ID. As it will only
apply to the robot e-mails you don't risk side effects on other e-mail.

Check 3.1 in https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7352

Also you can use unique:id somehow with other rules to mark e-mails that
are sent by bot. Let's say that the bot is sending e-mails not more that
once an hour. Than you can deduplicate all e-mails From:
bot and set the timeout to kick in before next time bot sends e-mail.

Karol

--
Karol Augustin
ka...@augustin.pl