From: owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org [mailto:owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org]
On Behalf Of /dev/rob0
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:10 PM
To: postfix-users@postfix.org
Subject: Re: Outbound address rewriting

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 09:47:27PM +0000, Kevin Miller wrote:
> Quick question: In the docs I don't see a reference to a line in
> main.cf.  Will postfix pick up on the existence of the table
> automatically once I hash it, or do I need to add something along
> the lines of:
>   virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/virtual
> in main.cf?

For backward compatibility, the default value for virtual_alias_maps
is "$virtual_maps".  If that's not set (and in 2018 it certainly
should NOT be set) the default is empty.  You seem to have missed
postconf.5.html#virtual_alias_maps somehow.

You do indeed need to set something for virtual_alias_maps if you
intend to use the feature.

You might also be interested in the command line postconf(1) tool:
"postconf virtual_alias_maps" will show what you have set for
virtual_alias_maps.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/