> On Apr 20, 2018, at 9:12 AM, Ram <r...@netcore.co.in> wrote:
>
> I have a very busy postfix server that acts as a relay. It gets mails from an
> application and then forwards the mails to the delivery servers on local LAN
>
> The application can send mails at rate of  upto 600 mails per second
> Postfix has been configured to accept mails all that quickly, but the
> delivery is very poor until inflow stops. Only around 20-50 mails per s
> Once the app completes the inflow, then the mails are cleared at a rate of
> 1000 mails per second

If you can get the application to send to multiple IP addresses, you
could run multiple Postfix instances with multiple queues, each
handling a fraction of the load.  More queue manager processes
might get a larger fraction of the CPU pie.

If the local DNS does round-robin A records, and the application
calls getaddrinfo() for each connection, a multi-homed Postfix
hostname might suffice.

Make sure that your transport table is as fast as possible,
perhaps none at all, or a texthash file.  While the flood
is coming in determine whether the congestion is in the
"incoming" or "active" queue.  I expect the former, but
this needs to be confirmed before considering further
tuning.

        Viktor.