> On Apr 20, 2018, at 2:12 PM, Bastian Blank
> <bastian+postfix-users=postfix....@waldi.eu.org> wrote:
>
>> bounce_queue_lifetime = 5d
>
> I thought this is a system that should move mails as fast as possible
> outgoing.  Why would it ever handle bounces?

The application may want to collect bounces for list management.

>> debug_peer_level = 2
>
> Don't use that.

This is in the upstream default main.cf, provided debug_peer_list is empty, it
is harmless.

>> inet_interfaces = 127.0.0.1
>
> Only listen on localhost.  So you actually have the application and
> postfix battling on resources on this system?  Why?

If the application sends the *same* message to many users, it would
be dramatically more efficient to send many users in a single envelope,
with VERP if per-user bounces are wanted.

>> lmtp_destination_concurrency_limit = 30
>
> And there you have lmtp.

Harmless if unused.

>> lmtp_line_length_limit = 9900000
>
> You can't send such long lines, ever!

Ditto.

>> mynetworks = /etc/postfix/mynetworks
>
> This does not make sense.

This is a Debian feature.

>> qmgr_message_active_limit = 200000
>> qmgr_message_recipient_limit = 200000
>
> 200k messages at the same time?  But also 3k recipient in the same mail?

Fine if memory permits.

>> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =  permit_mynetworks,
>> permit_sasl_authenticated, check_client_access
>> cidr:/etc/postfix/relay_allowedips, reject
>
> What?

Looks fine to me, ideally the CIDR table is not too large.

>> transport_maps =
>> cdb:/etc/postfix/bounce_transport,cdb:/etc/postfix/suppresslist,hash:/etc/postfix/transport,regexp:/etc/postfix/transport_regex,hash:/etc/postfix/emm_transport
>
> What are you doing?

Some custom transport rules, regexp transports can be difficult to get right,
but if the number of rules is small, and they simple enough this is fine.  That
said two CDB tables in a row should really be combined into a single table, and
having a "hash" table after that looks silly.  The qmgr(8) will do much less
work if there's just one table replacing the first three.

--
        Viktor.