Hi, I don't mean to hi-jack this thread but figured this was related.

I was asked in 2014 what rate of mail could flow through per hour.
I gave this response. Do you see anything dangerous in my assumptions ?

Thank you for looking.  BTW Postfix version is likely 2.6

###########

I took a stab at this..
Assumptions:
Deliver 20,000 emails
All to Yahoo
Each email goes to only ONE recipient
Talima sends us no more than 1000 emails at once
Talisma does not send email to us faster than we can send email out

1000 emails in per second = 20 seconds
20 emails out per second per domain (yahoo) = 996 seconds

996 + 20 = 1016 seconds = 16.93 minutes for 20,000 emails
60 minutes / 16.93 minutes = 3.54
20,000 emails * 3.54 = 70880 emails per hour

GOTCHAS:
A. If Talisma sends to us FASTER than we send mail out, there is a ONE second
delay added when
We accept a new message.

B. Our queues only hold 20,000 emails at a time

Obviously they will not send to only one DOMAIN but this should be easy to
re-calculate once they know
How many different domains a campaign is going to..

QUESTIONS:
Can domains we send to handle this current setup ?
should we change our setup?
If we do change setup, will the domains we send to be able to handle our higher
volume ?

-ANGELO FAZZINA

ITS Service Manager:
Spam and Virus Prevention
Mass Mailing
G Suite/Gmail

ang...@uconn.edu
University of Connecticut,  ITS, SSG, Server Systems
860-486-9075