On 6/7/2018 8:10 AM, Olaf313 wrote:
> Good day,
>
> i am working on a migration from an IBM Domino SMTP server to Postfix. In
> Domino we had SMTP_allow documents with IP addresses of systems allowed for
> sending mails via this server.
>
> Standard IP addresses are fine so i add them like:
>
> 192.168.148.52 OK
>
> As far as i understand are *names *like system2.acme.com allowed in the
> mynetworks file ?
> So this would be OK :
>
> system2.acme.com OK
>
> What about wildcards * ?  Would that be also OK or do i need to translate it
> into CIDR ?
>
> 192.168.*.*  OK
> or
> 192.168.50.* OK
>
> Thank you,
> Olaf

Postfix supports several map types for mynetworks.  Each map type
has its own valid syntax.  You can use more than one map for a
complex mynetworks definition. Domain names are allowed, but not
recommended. Some map types support wildcards.

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#mynetworks
http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html

  -- Noel Jones