Luc Pardon:
> Hello,
>
> I've been running a small volume Postfix mail server on a fixed IP for
> 15+ years or so.
>
> Recently, my provider forced me from ADSL (being phased out here) to
> VDSL, and I now find myself sending mail from a "dynamic" IP address...
>
> As expected, some destinations refuse to accept my outgoing mail with a
> 550 (usually with a "you're blacklisted" message on top of it).

And if they were to accept your email, they may very well deliver
your message to the spam folder, because you are sending from an
inappropriate IP address.

> So, I am now looking for some magic that would make Postfix:
>
> a) first attempt to deliver outgoing mail straight to the destination MX
> (as it does now), and,

See http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#soft_bounce to change
5xx into 4xx.  Instead of setting it globally in main.cf, you can
set it in master.cf as:

/etc/postfix/master.cf:
    smtp unix ..other stuff.. smtp
        -o soft_bounce=yes

> b) if that fails with a "550 Bad IP" (or equivalent), fall back to my
> ISP relay server and send it through them.

See http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_fallback_relay to
add the ISP as a safety net.

Of course that same soft_bounce feature would prevent mail from
being bounced by the ISP as well.

If you really care that people see your email, spend the bucks for
a real IP address, or send all mail through an ISP.