Hi,

> I'm building a simple pair of front MX-servers to get rid of our cisco
> ironports. For spam and
> virus-scanning i'd like to have spamassassin and clamav doing pre-filtering
> during smtp-dialog
> rejecting bad mails and forwarding good mails to internal mail-farm.

While for virus you may argue that there is a clear cut between clean
and infected message, it is far from being as clear for spam. What you
consider spam and would reject may be completly valid for another user.

So, rejecting spam during smtp-dialog is risky, that is why most resolve
to some sort of quarantine, and that is when amavis comes handy.

Best regards,

Olivier