> On Oct 25, 2018, at 12:21 PM, Ralph Seichter <m16+post...@monksofcool.net>
> wrote:
>
> Possibly, but *I* think that I've about had it with people stating their
> personal beliefs as facts, especially when my own experience shows that
> things are quite different where I am standing. In my opinion the OP did
> not merit me being more courteous.

And yet, some courtesy is still expected on public lists even
when responding to content that is merely wrong or opinionated.
Best to let it go, and just comment that the conclusions or
advice are not universally applicable.

There's quite a range of views on data security, some are more
pragmatic, others more crypto-maximalist.

--
        Viktor.