On 1 Nov 2018, at 15:48, Alice Wonder wrote:

Maybe better, I do not know. I do not know right place to recommend this, I hope it is not too out of place here.

This list reaches a minority of Postfix admins, who are a minority of mail system admins, who are a minority of people with strong interests in the technical security aspects of email.

The IETF "uta" working group may be an even smaller minority of the people with strong interests in the technical security aspects of email, but at least there you would reach a more diverse subset and your idea would be squarely on topic.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/uta/about/

I agree with every one of Viktor's critiques, which have been valid critiques of many incomplete and unworkable concepts of how to "fix email" over the past 20+ years. Here on a list made up mostly of people running production mail systems and maintaining tools for such systems, you will find both disinterest in an idea that does not exist as deployable code (or even as an implementable protocol) and active skepticism of doing today what Microsoft tried and failed to do 20+ years ago with port 465. The uta-wg community may be less jaded and more interested in helping move an embryonic concept towards something useful.

--
Bill Cole