--On December 14, 2018 at 3:32:11 PM -0500 Bill Cole <postfixlists-070...@billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:

On 14 Dec 2018, at 0:46, Paul Schmehl wrote:

I'm seeing this error in the logs:

warn: Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated here (and will be
fata))

This is a new warning in Perl 5.26. The use of curly-brace regex
enumeration ranges with an implied zero first term ( e.g. {,5} instead of
{0,5} ) will be a fatal error in a later version (maybe 5.28, I have not
checked...)

It would be a wise choice to update ALL of your Perl modules to the
latest releases, as this issue can arise in non-obvious places...

It comes right after this:

status=sent (delivered via filter service

The filter service uses filter.sh (stolen from the docs) and
spamassassin. Is it safe to assume this is a code problem in spam
assassin (which I assume they will fix at some point)?

Not if you're using the current release (3.4.2) of SpamAssassin. As one
of the developers who worked on that specific issue, I am sure that we
believed all cases of that problem that were internal to the SpamAssassin
framework were fixed in 3.4.2. There are a lot of modules which SA
depends on, some of which can also cause that warning.

# spamassassin -V
SpamAssassin version 3.4.2
running on Perl version 5.26.3

Thanks, Bill. Guess I'll start rummaging through the modules.

Paul Schmehl
Independent Researcher