Greetings, Matt Saladna!

> I feared that. Are there any suitable sendmail wrappers that would  provide
> equivalent functionality?

I didn't quite get your setup, but if these "virtual systems" are isolated and
send mail via some means to the main mail exchange, use something like ssmtp
on premises.
It will do most of the leg work without much of the full server overhead.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...