On 2019-01-20 14:40, John Stoffel wrote:
The only problem with Digital Ocean right now is that Charter/Spectrum
in the US has blocked all (most? At least the one I'm using...) blocks
assigned to DO for some insane reason.

Why insane? Having been a DO customer for more than five years, I am not surprised. *bad neighborhood*. DO is not doing enough to prevent spam and viruses emanating from its network. This affects me both as a sender and as a recipient of emails.

I have received too much spam emanating from DO's network, including traditional email spam and text messages with links to droplets on the DO network that were spreading malware. When I tried to get DO's abuse team to take action, they were slow, dismissive, useless. Despite evidence to a level that would withstand in a court of justice, they closed the cases with no action taken simply because the offending droplet has gone. It does not seem to have occurred to them that the spammer has probably gone to another IP address on their network.

My conclusion was to jump ship at the next opportunity. I am currently testing an alternative provider and will possibly say goodbye to DO in a few weeks.