Hi,

Figured out that the problem was I did not completely fill out the
/etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf file.  I only had:

saslauthd_path: /var/run/saslauthd/mux

I needed to have:

saslauthd_path: /var/run/saslauthd/mux
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
mech_list: LOGIN PLAIN

works like a charm now.

cheers,

ski

--
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
  connected to the entire universe"            John Muir

Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, kacoro...@gmail.com, 206-501-9803