By (limited) experiment it seems to me that the action 'PERMIT' is
acceptable in access tables in smtpd restriction lists (e.g.
smtpd_client_restrictions).

As far as I can tell it is undocumented in this context, but I think it is
synonymous with 'OK' i.e. any subsequent tests in the same restriction list
are skipped/ignored but subsequent restriction lists are processed (and
could indeed give a REJECT action).

One practical advantage of using PERMIT instead of OK: a single ip
whitelist file can then be used both in postscreen_access_list (where the
action 'OK' is not acceptable) and in an smtpd restriction list.

Is this correct - or incorrect / unwise?