On 11.11.19 09:29, m3047 wrote:
I (mostly) concur with what Bill Cole says (maybe I'd quibble with the "2nd clause" part).

Here's a shopworn blade which is in my list of things to rewrite in Python one day:

   http://athena.m3047.net/pub/perl/mail-processing/realmailer.pl.txt

You call it from e.g. procmail, or in other words it expects a mail message on STDIN and writes it back out with changes on STDOUT. It makes a bunch of DNS queries. It adds a bunch of headers; it's up to you to do with them as you wish.

why not spamassassin instead?

99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.