Jaroslav Skarvada:
> Hi Wietse,
>
> thanks for info. Are you going to introduce this patch upstream?

The process is as follows:

1) I sadistically keep the fix for myself and let everyone else suffer.

Oh, that is not what I do.

The process, by now 20 years old, is as follows.

1) The fix runs on my own primary server, and is is available in
the development release. That happened yesterday because I dod not
have time earlier. BTW this is a 'point fix'. In fuiture releases
there will also be code that warns if someone wants to combine
negative response TTLs with RES_DEFNAMES or RES_DNSRCH.

2) At some suitable time, the stable releases are updated. As this
fix is not urgent, and the last stable fix was a month ago, I do
not expect to update the stable releases in the week before the
holidays.

        Wietrse