On 14/01/2020 21:59, Bill Cole wrote:
>> Beginning to get a little confused ...
>
> I can understand why.
>
> Is it certain that the macro you want is non-null when you're asking for it?

I will post a minimal C reproducer some time later hopefully.

As a summary, another quick illustration of the problem I’m seeing:

• I can request macros for the connect stage in /etc/postfix/main.cf:
  milter_connect_macros = j _ {client_addr} {client_connections} {client_name}
{client_port} {client_ptr} {daemon_addr} {daemon_name} {daemon_port} v
• These macros are then all available in the connect callback of a test
  milter, I can print out the value of each macro.
• If instead of the setting in /etc/postfix/main.cf, I request exactly
  the same macros in the negotiate callback of my milter with
  smfi_setsymlist(ctx, SMFIM_CONNECT, "j _ {client_addr} {client_connections}
{client_name} {client_port} {client_ptr} {daemon_addr} {daemon_name}
{daemon_port} v");
  this does not have the same effect as in item 1. Only the default
  connect macros are available.

I think anyone should be able to reproduce this easily. (Or even better:
point out the basic mistake I’m making, silly me!)

Cheers,