On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 09:13, Christian Kivalo <ml+postfix-us...@valo.at>
wrote:

> On 2020-01-16 09:47, Dominic Raferd wrote:
> > I recently started using an RBL service where we have a 'private key'
> > and this operates very simply by prefixing the key to the RBL address.
> > But I just realised that this appears to mean that for any rejections
> > the whole address - including the key - is passed back to the
> > offending client. Which if true makes a bit of a nonsense of the idea
> > of a 'private' key.
> >
> rbl_reply_maps and default_rbl_reply_maps is probably what you are
> looking for
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#rbl_reply_maps
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_rbl_reply
>
> and for postscreen there is
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#postscreen_dnsbl_reply_map
> > Is there a way to cut out this private key in the response message? It
> > happens both with postscreen and smtpd. Here is a barely-obfuscated
> > example:
> >
> > 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; client [51.88.120.222] blocked using
> > sp8lefi4grtb7jftpslxxztu3y.zen.dx.spamhous.net [1]
> >
> > Links:
> > ------
> > [1] http://sp8lefi4grtb7jftpslxxztu3y.zen.dx.spamhous.net
>
> Thanks Christian that was very helpful. I have it working now for
postscreen and I think (but am waiting for an incoming instance) for
smtpd. Weird
that they have such different approaches (postscreen_dnsbl_reply_map and
rbl_reply_maps). And I could not find a way to use pcre with rbl_reply_maps
because it throws a warning if I reference any variables such as $rbl_code
- but such variables do seem to work in a hash file.