On 06.04.20 11:01, Stefan Claas wrote:
>my postfix mail server works perfectly so far.
>
>However, I am now facing the following problem and have tried as best as I
>can to find a solution to this.
>
>I run an anonymous remailer, which also allows sending emails to mail2news
>gateways for Usenet postings. So far so good.
>
>I would like to achieve the following:

>postfix should modify outgoing email headers that *only* go to mail2news
>gateways, using the email gateway addresses for parsing, so that the right
>part of the message ID, after the @ charachter, will be modified with a
>defined string.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
your mail2news gateway should do that.

On 06.04.20 12:43, Stefan Claas wrote:
I thought that as well, but the problem would be when users send the same
message to multiple mail2news gateways, which is often the case, the News
articles would then arrive with different message-IDs.

you can instruct your mail2news gateway to modify message-id in exactly the
same way you described. In such case the result will be the same.

However, Usenet news use Message-ID for duplicity deteaction and I see
caveats:

- if user sends the same message to multiple gateways (one on your system,
 one on other), duplicate news article will be created, one with original
 message-id, another with what you modify it to.

- if user sends te same message multiple times to mail2news gateway, the
 article will be only created once and second post will be rejected.

I recommend keeping the message-id to avoid duplicates. Multiple postings
ave to be solved different way.
Honk if you love peace and quiet.