On 2020-06-06 15:07, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> Corollary: Please don't mistake American sensibilities for something the
> whole world cares about, let alone needs to conform with. Racism is a
> blight on humanity, but there are more important issues to consider than
> the use of colours.

And to add an additional comment that this corollary helped "gel" into
words:

You cannot change *the way people think* by changing what words they are
allowed to use.  This is doubly true when the words you are trying to
ban have only a coincidental connection to the hateful thoughts.

What we need to do is change how people *think*.  Imposing
politically-correct language choices just makes the haters angrier and
doesn't solve the actual problem.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications