On 2020-06-08 04:43, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> On Mo, Jun 08, 2020 at 07:52:34 +0200, Claus R. Wickinghoff wrote:
>> What about redlist (stop) and greenlist (go)? Traffic lights are pretty
>> international.
>
> They aren’t. As far as I know you have a blue light for go in Japan.

Well, sort of.  Blue has a particular cultural significance in Japan,
and Japanese traffic lights are a very bluish-green color which the
Japanese government refused to change, but officially declared to be
"green" in order to comply with international law.  Most people wouldn't
really call it blue either, but it's closer to most people's idea of
blue than to green.

The color is widely and somewhat sardonically known as 'bleen' or 'grue'.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications