* SysAdmin EM:

> query = SELECT access FROM virtual_sender_access WHERE source='%s'

You wrote that you only store nonexistent sources. In that case, the
value of the "access" column should always be something that indicates
"access denied", possibly a constant value across all entries? If so,

  SELECT 'restricted' as access FROM ...

should provide a way of reducing the DB load in a very small way, as
only an index scan would be required. However, that only saves one read
operation per lookup and therefore may not help you much.

I am still unconvinced that the type of data you are storing provides a
good way to achieve your goal.

> Does postfix have support for mongo database?

Following Wietse's rule of "if it is not documented it is not supported"
and the content of http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html , the
answer should be no.

-Ralph