On Tue, Aug 04, 2020 at 05:47:35PM -0300, SysAdmin EM wrote:

> > If you do believe there's actually a problem, i.e. something actually
> > goes wrong as a result of trying to delivery 4XX failures on a second MX
> > host, please explain what it is that does not work the way it should.
>
> I think I understood what I need, is it possible to send an email defer
> when I receive a greylist error? I thought that with the command
> "queue_run_delay" I could solve this but not.

No queue_run_delay has nothing to do with whether a second MX host is
tried when the first responds with a 4XX error.  It just controls how
often qmgr(8) scans the deferred queue.

Since you've not (yet?) explained what problem you're trying to solve,
I'm not (yet) prepared to offer a (half-baked) solution.

--
    VIktor.