On 8/8/2020 1:52 PM, David Reagan wrote:
Hey all,

I'm working on configuring a mailserver that uses a PostgreSQL database for virtual information. The database is managed by Vimbadmin.

I think I've found at least part of the problem. The virtual_mailbox_domains setting likely isn't getting the correct output when it is checking for an authorized domain.

I say that because when I run postmap -q on the alias file, it returns 1. Not 0.

root@32cdc5546306:/# postmap -vq 'k...@raygun.zat' pgsql:/run/secrets/postfix_db_virt_domains_maps 2>&1

That's the wrong key. virtual_mailbox_domains uses the domain for the key. raygun.zat in this example.
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_mailbox_domains

Verbose output is rarely needed with postfix, the regular command gives you all the info you need to debug the vast majority of problems.

  -- Noel Jones